In Florida, 273 Die In Hospitals From COVID-19 On Friday, According To HHS.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 17,235 people in Florida are currently hospitalized for COVID-19. Of the 17,235, 211 are children under the age of 18.
Of all people in Florida hospitals now, 34.27 percent are being treated for COVID. The numbers are accurate as of Saturday morning, August 21st, 2021.
The ICU situation in Florida continues to be bad. 3,552 people are so sick from COVID-19 that they are in a Florida ICU. That represents 55 percent of all ICU beds.
HHS reports that 273 people died in Florida hospitals on Friday from COVID-19.
Of 59,429 hospital beds in Florida, 51,057 are now in use, according to HHS. That represents 86.17 percent.
Palm Beach County on Friday issued an executive order requiring local hospitals to report census counts. We will have that information starting on Monday. We expect to see how many people are in Palm Beach County hospitals for COVID-19, availability of hospital beds, availability of ICU beds, and more. Tenet Healthcare — which oversees West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center, and Baptist Health Systems which oversees Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and Bethesda East and West, have not reported this data publicly in months.
While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stopped the state from releasing the information in early summer, nothing prevented the hospital groups from releasing it on their own. They are now required to do so.
The total COVID death count in Florida, according to the CDC, is now 41,937.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center