HHS: 280 DIE SATURDAY IN FLORIDA HOSPITALS FROM COVID.
FLORIDA HAS NEVER RECORDED SO MANY DEATHS, INFECTIONS.
MORE THAN THREE MILLION INFECTED IN STATE.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Researchers at Johns Hopkins University, utilizing data from the CDC, say that Florida just logged its single deadliest week for COVID-19 in the history of the pandemic.
According to the data, 1,486 people in Florida died from COVID-19 during the week ending Friday, August 20th. The cumulative COVID-19 infection count is now an unfathomable 3,040,590.
On Saturday, 280 people died from COVID-19 in a Florida hospital.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services reported Sunday morning that 2245 adults were newly hospitalized on Saturday for COVID-19. The total of adults now in a Florida hospital for COVID-19 is 17,040.
HHS says that 100 children under age 18 were admitted on Saturday for COVID-19. A total of 213 children under 18 are now listed as hospital “in-patients” for COVID-19 treatment.
At least 3,558 Florida COVID-19 patients are so ill from COVID-19, they are in a Florida intensive care unit. That represents more than half of all ICU patients.
Of the roughly 260 Florida hospitals reporting data to the federal government, 49 are experiencing a critical staffing shortage. 52 expect to experience a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Hospitals in Palm Beach County, starting Monday, are required by County Executive Order to report daily statistics including COVID-19 patient loads, ICU census, and the number of available beds.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form East Of Florida Within Days
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Bad Weather Weekend