HHS: 280 DIE SATURDAY IN FLORIDA HOSPITALS FROM COVID.
FLORIDA HAS NEVER RECORDED SO MANY DEATHS, INFECTIONS.
MORE THAN THREE MILLION INFECTED IN STATE.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Researchers at Johns Hopkins University, utilizing data from the CDC, say that Florida just logged its single deadliest week for COVID-19 in the history of the pandemic.
According to the data, 1,486 people in Florida died from COVID-19 during the week ending Friday, August 20th. The cumulative COVID-19 infection count is now an unfathomable 3,040,590.
On Saturday, 280 people died from COVID-19 in a Florida hospital.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services reported Sunday morning that 2245 adults were newly hospitalized on Saturday for COVID-19. The total of adults now in a Florida hospital for COVID-19 is 17,040.
HHS says that 100 children under age 18 were admitted on Saturday for COVID-19. A total of 213 children under 18 are now listed as hospital “in-patients” for COVID-19 treatment.
At least 3,558 Florida COVID-19 patients are so ill from COVID-19, they are in a Florida intensive care unit. That represents more than half of all ICU patients.
Of the roughly 260 Florida hospitals reporting data to the federal government, 49 are experiencing a critical staffing shortage. 52 expect to experience a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Hospitals in Palm Beach County, starting Monday, are required by County Executive Order to report daily statistics including COVID-19 patient loads, ICU census, and the number of available beds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center