BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — All eyes are on storm Henri Sunday, but another system has the eyes of forecasters at the National Hurricane Center.
While it is still much too soon for an accurate assessment of where — if anywhere — the tropical wave may go, the Sunday morning outlook map suggests it may form in an area that is concerning for the mid-Atlantic and northeast.
We stress that the yellow oval you see on the map above is where a system may form, not necessarily a direction of travel.
This is the Sunday morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Aug 22 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Henri, located just southeast of Long Island, New York.
- Disorganized shower activity over the eastern tropical Atlantic is
associated with a broad area of low pressure southwest of the Cabo
Verde Islands. Little, if any, development is expected to occur
during the next couple of days. Some gradual development, however,
is possible by mid-week as the system moves northwestward at 10 to
15 mph, over the central Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…