BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — All eyes are on storm Henri Sunday, but another system has the eyes of forecasters at the National Hurricane Center.
While it is still much too soon for an accurate assessment of where — if anywhere — the tropical wave may go, the Sunday morning outlook map suggests it may form in an area that is concerning for the mid-Atlantic and northeast.
We stress that the yellow oval you see on the map above is where a system may form, not necessarily a direction of travel.
This is the Sunday morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Aug 22 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Henri, located just southeast of Long Island, New York.
- Disorganized shower activity over the eastern tropical Atlantic is
associated with a broad area of low pressure southwest of the Cabo
Verde Islands. Little, if any, development is expected to occur
during the next couple of days. Some gradual development, however,
is possible by mid-week as the system moves northwestward at 10 to
15 mph, over the central Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA