HHS: Another 269 Die In Florida Hospitals, From COVID, On Sunday.
REPORT: Morgue Truck To Broward County.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida death count continues to rise as the United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 269 people died in Florida hospitals from COVID-19 on Sunday.
That brings Florida’s COVID-19 death count to an astonishing 42,252 deaths since the pandemic began.
HHS also reports that 16,946 people are now hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19. Of those patients, 3,557 are in a hospital ICU, so sick that they need intensive care. Of all ICU patients in the state, at least 55 percent are being treated for COVID-19.
Statewide, 74 children under age 18 were newly admitted to a Florida hospital for COVID-19 care on Sunday. 2,318 adults were also newly admitted to a Florida hospital for COVID-19 care.
Of roughly 260 Florida hospitals reporting data, 49 are currently in the midst of a critical staffing shortage, while 51 expect a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
We note the Sun Sentinel reported today that a morgue truck has been brought to Broward Health Medical Center. A similar refrigerated truck was located in the rear of Bethesda East Medical Center earlier this month.
We expect hyper-specific local data within the next day. Palm Beach County ordered all hospitals in the county to initiate daily reports of COVID-19 patient counts, ICU admissions, and more effective today.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW