FHA: NUMBER OF PATIENTS ON VENTILATORS RISES TO NEARLY 3,000.
ADULT ICU AVAILABILITY IN FLORIDA NOW JUST 6.3 PERCENT.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida added 21,208 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, bringing the seven day moving average to a jaw dropping 21,220. The record new case count was set on August 12th, with 25,957 cases. On that day, the seven day moving average was 21,635. The high moving average shows the net effect of ups and downs. In the simplest of terms: there is still a big COVID problem in Florida.
The positivity rate, statewide, remains near 22 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has taken a very slight turn downward. It is now 21.66 percent which is down a quarter of a point.
The Centers for Disease Control, using data from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, says 48.59 percent of all ICU beds being used in Palm Beach County are now being used for COVID-19 patients.
Meantime, the Florida Hospital Association reported a 0.1-percent decline in new hospitalizations over the past week, but a 1.1-percent INCREASE in the number of patients requiring a ventilator to breathe. Of 16,820 hospitalized patients in Florida, receiving COVID-19 care, 2,876 are on ventilators.
“Even though COVID-19 hospitalizations have remained flat for roughly a week, they remain near record levels,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association. “We are not out of the woods just yet as our health care heroes continue to provide care to the patients in their extremely full hospitals and emergency departments.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center