ICU Percentage Used For COVID-19 Patients Increases.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While many in Florida deny that COVID even exists, another 260 people died in Florida hospitals from COVID on Monday, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
The total death count in Florida just passed 43,000.
Also on Monday: 2,121 adults were admitted to Florida hospitals for COVID-19 care, while 79 children under age 18 were admitted for COVID-19 care.
The current totals, according to HHS: 16,878 adults are currently hospitalized in Florida with a diagnosis of COVID-19; 210 children, under age 18, are hospitalized for COVID-19.
The ICU situation continues to be bad. HHS reports 3,602 adults are currently in a Florida ICU in need of critical COVID care. That represents 56 percent of all ICU beds in use — a slight increase from yesterday.
Of the roughly 260 hospitals reporting data to HHS, 47 in Florida experienced a critical staffing shortage on Monday. 47 Expect to experience a critical staffing shortage over the next week.
BocaNewsNow.com expects to have local data later on Tuesday. The Palm Beach County order, requiring local hospitals to report specific data points, went into effect on Monday. The first round of data should be available Tuesday afternoon.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless