BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — There is no let-up in the COVID-19 deaths that continue to plague Florida. Another 276 people died in Florida hospitals, from COVID-19, on Tuesday. The United States Department of Health and Human Services released the data Wednesday morning.
According to HHS, there are now 16,695 adults hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19. On Tuesday, 2,287 adults were admitted to a Florida Hospital with COVID-19, 90 children under the age of 18 were also admitted. There are now 217 children hospitalized for COVID-19.
Additionally, there are 3,682 adults currently so sick from COVID-19, they are being treated in an ICU. That represents more than 52 percent of all ICU patients in Florida.
At least 47 hospitals in Florida are reporting a critical staffing shortage. At least 50 expect to experience a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning