Deadline Approaching In Palm Beach County.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Think your property is worth more — or less — than what Palm Beach County says it’s worth? Your annual chance to convince the County that it’s wrong is here. While the Property Appraiser’s Office doesn’t control market conditions, it does control the amount of property tax you pay — and each year offers the opportunity to contest the value of your property by petitioning the Value Adjustment Board.
This advisory was sent by the Clerk of Court’s office:
“The Palm Beach County taxpayers have until September 13 to petition the county’s Value Adjustment Board, or VAB, regarding their property’s market value, classification or an exemption.
Each year, properties in Palm Beach County are valued by the Property Appraiser’s Office based on real estate market conditions as of January 1. This value can be found in the 2021 Notice of Proposed Taxes mailed from the Property Appraiser to taxpayers on August 19.
Taxpayers who believe their property has been inaccurately assessed, or that the notice does not accurately reflect the appropriate exemption or classification, have the right to file a petition with the VAB.
VAB petitions can be filed for receipt on or before September 13:
· Online at mypalmbeachclerk.com.com/VAB
· In person at the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Government Center office and branch locations
· By mail to:
Value Adjustment Board (VAB)
301 North Olive Avenue, Room 203
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
There is a non-refundable $15 fee to file a VAB petition.
“As Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board, our office ensures property owners have the opportunity for their case to be considered by an independent special magistrate,” said Joseph Abruzzo, Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller for Palm Beach County. “We make it easy for Palm Beach County property owners to file their petitions and have their concerns heard.”
The Value Adjustment Board is an independent entity established to settle disputes between taxpayers and the Property Appraiser. The VAB consists of two County Commissioners, one School Board member and two appointed citizen members.
The VAB has no authority over the collection of taxes, or the tax rates established by the county, cities, towns or other taxing authorities.
Hearings before the VAB will begin in late October.
For more information about the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller or filing VAB petitions, visit www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/vab.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk