Deadline Approaching In Palm Beach County.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Think your property is worth more — or less — than what Palm Beach County says it’s worth? Your annual chance to convince the County that it’s wrong is here. While the Property Appraiser’s Office doesn’t control market conditions, it does control the amount of property tax you pay — and each year offers the opportunity to contest the value of your property by petitioning the Value Adjustment Board.
This advisory was sent by the Clerk of Court’s office:
“The Palm Beach County taxpayers have until September 13 to petition the county’s Value Adjustment Board, or VAB, regarding their property’s market value, classification or an exemption.
Each year, properties in Palm Beach County are valued by the Property Appraiser’s Office based on real estate market conditions as of January 1. This value can be found in the 2021 Notice of Proposed Taxes mailed from the Property Appraiser to taxpayers on August 19.
Taxpayers who believe their property has been inaccurately assessed, or that the notice does not accurately reflect the appropriate exemption or classification, have the right to file a petition with the VAB.
VAB petitions can be filed for receipt on or before September 13:
· Online at mypalmbeachclerk.com.com/VAB
· In person at the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Government Center office and branch locations
· By mail to:
Value Adjustment Board (VAB)
301 North Olive Avenue, Room 203
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
There is a non-refundable $15 fee to file a VAB petition.
“As Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board, our office ensures property owners have the opportunity for their case to be considered by an independent special magistrate,” said Joseph Abruzzo, Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller for Palm Beach County. “We make it easy for Palm Beach County property owners to file their petitions and have their concerns heard.”
The Value Adjustment Board is an independent entity established to settle disputes between taxpayers and the Property Appraiser. The VAB consists of two County Commissioners, one School Board member and two appointed citizen members.
The VAB has no authority over the collection of taxes, or the tax rates established by the county, cities, towns or other taxing authorities.
Hearings before the VAB will begin in late October.
For more information about the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller or filing VAB petitions, visit www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/vab.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida