First Hospital Report Reveals Severity Of COVID-19 Situation In South Florida.
More Than 900 Hospitalized Now In Palm Beach County For COVID-19.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The first data released as part of a Palm Beach County directive, ordering all hospitals in Palm Beach County to report patient census counts, is now live. A standout statistic: 117 “fully vaccinated” people are in Palm Beach County hospitals for COVID-19 treatment.
While the report, at least for now, does not assign data to the specific hospital involved, it does paint a grim picture for Palm Beach County.
According to the data released: out of 2,682 hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 2,941 are in use. That means hospitals are running at a deficit of 259 beds.
Of 364 ICU beds in Palm Beach County, 350 are now in use.
Of 50 pediatric beds in Palm Beach County hospitals, 37 are now in use.
103 adult patients were admitted on Tuesday to Palm Beach County hospitals for COVID-19, 16 children under the age of eighteen were admitted.
Of the 944 patients currently listed as “in patient” at area hospitals for COVID-19 treatment in Palm Beach County, 702 are unvaccinated or “not fully vaccinated,” according to the report.
Over the past 24 hours, 124 patients in Palm Beach County were discharged after receiving COVID-19 treatment.
For a complete definition of each data point, see the PDF below, issued by Palm Beach County. If it does not appear, click here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida