BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida COVID crisis continues, with 26,203 new COVID-19 cases being logged on Tuesday. The Centers for Disease Control released the data on Wednesday.
The record case count raises the seven day moving average to 21,604 in Florida. That’s just below the record 7-day-average of 21,752 recorded on August 13th.
We previously reported that HHS announced 276 COVID-19 deaths in Florida hospitals on Tuesday.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has dropped to 19.01 percent. That is still exceptionally high but a week to week decline of 2.85 percent.
Palm Beach County itself is expected to release hospital data later this evening after working through new data reporting and distribution issues. A County official told BocaNewsNow.com that hospitals are now reporting the data, but Palm Beach County wants to ensure that it is error-proof before releasing it to the public.
The Florida Hospital Association, in its daily report, said the hospital count is again rising, and nearly 3000 patients are so sick that they need ventilators to breathe.
The FHA president, in video streamed statement, said medical workers in Florida are facing, “indescribable mental exhaustion,” from hospitals packed with COVID-19 patients.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk