BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida COVID crisis continues, with 26,203 new COVID-19 cases being logged on Tuesday. The Centers for Disease Control released the data on Wednesday.
The record case count raises the seven day moving average to 21,604 in Florida. That’s just below the record 7-day-average of 21,752 recorded on August 13th.
We previously reported that HHS announced 276 COVID-19 deaths in Florida hospitals on Tuesday.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has dropped to 19.01 percent. That is still exceptionally high but a week to week decline of 2.85 percent.
Palm Beach County itself is expected to release hospital data later this evening after working through new data reporting and distribution issues. A County official told BocaNewsNow.com that hospitals are now reporting the data, but Palm Beach County wants to ensure that it is error-proof before releasing it to the public.
The Florida Hospital Association, in its daily report, said the hospital count is again rising, and nearly 3000 patients are so sick that they need ventilators to breathe.
The FHA president, in video streamed statement, said medical workers in Florida are facing, “indescribable mental exhaustion,” from hospitals packed with COVID-19 patients.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center