159 Palm Beach County Patients Are Using A Ventilator For COVID-19 Care.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The second day of hospital reports mandated by Palm Beach County reveals a situation that appears to be worsening day by day. While HHS numbers have been available for several weeks, an executive order requiring daily local numbers from Palm Beach County hospitals went into effect on Monday.
The first data was reported publicly on Wednesday.
Palm Beach County says 115 people were newly hospitalized in Palm Beach County on Wednesday for COVID-19, bringing the area total to 951 patients. 16 patients are pediatric cases, under age 18.
Of the 951 hospitalized individuals, 109 are fully vaccinated, 612 are not.
The ICU situation is not good. 222 adults are in a Palm Beach County ICU for COVID-19, 5 children under 18 are also in an ICU.
Of 537 ventilators in Palm Beach County, 159 are being used for COVID-19 patients. 119 are being used for other patients.
There’s an official total of 2,842 hospital beds in Palm Beach County, but there are so many sick patients that hospitals have had to create extra space — there are 3,060 beds in use. That is a deficit of 218 beds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW