159 Palm Beach County Patients Are Using A Ventilator For COVID-19 Care.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The second day of hospital reports mandated by Palm Beach County reveals a situation that appears to be worsening day by day. While HHS numbers have been available for several weeks, an executive order requiring daily local numbers from Palm Beach County hospitals went into effect on Monday.
The first data was reported publicly on Wednesday.
Palm Beach County says 115 people were newly hospitalized in Palm Beach County on Wednesday for COVID-19, bringing the area total to 951 patients. 16 patients are pediatric cases, under age 18.
Of the 951 hospitalized individuals, 109 are fully vaccinated, 612 are not.
The ICU situation is not good. 222 adults are in a Palm Beach County ICU for COVID-19, 5 children under 18 are also in an ICU.
Of 537 ventilators in Palm Beach County, 159 are being used for COVID-19 patients. 119 are being used for other patients.
There’s an official total of 2,842 hospital beds in Palm Beach County, but there are so many sick patients that hospitals have had to create extra space — there are 3,060 beds in use. That is a deficit of 218 beds.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH