Pediatric COVID-19 Admissions Rise Again In Florida.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — More than 1,000 people have died in Florida hospitals from COVID-19 over the past four days.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services, which reports numbers each day, says 290 people died in Florida hospitals on Wednesday. That is one of the highest single-day case counts recorded in recent weeks.
The deaths negate any narrative that Florida’s COVID-19 situation is starting to get better. It’s not. By most data points, it’s getting worse.
In Florida, 2,289 adults were admitted a hospital for COVID-19 treatment on Wednesday. 107 children, under age 18, were admitted as well. That is a significant jump in pediatric admissions. There are now 229 children, under age 18, receiving in-patient treatment in a Florida hospital for COVID-19. The adult in-patient COVID count is 16,604.
The ICU situation continues to be tenuous. Of 6,545 people currently in a Florida ICU, 3,688 are being treated for COVID-19. That is 56 percent.
52 Florida hospitals report a critical staffing shortage. 56 expect to experience a critical staffing shortage within a week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW