Palm Beach County School District Mask Mandate Remains.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The mask mandate in the Palm Beach County School District will remain.
A circuit court judge in Leon County today sided with a group of parents who sued Florida Governor Ron DeSantis over his ban on school mask mandates. DeSantis crafted the narrative that it’s a parent’s choice. Parents suing said it’s not, it’s science, a step that is needed to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Judge John Cooper, in a verbal ruling transcribed by the Wall Street Journal, said “the defendants do not have authority under this law to blanket mandatory ban against a face mask policy that does not provide a parental opt out. They simply do not..”
The DeSantis administration is expected to appeal the ruling.
There was no immediate comment from the Palm Beach County School District which instituted a mandatory mask requirement over recent days. The only way to opt out of the Palm Beach County School District mandate is to receive a federal exemption known as a 504 plan, traditionally though of as an educational plan for children with special needs. Lying to obtain a 504 exemption could be a federal crime.
…This is a developing story….
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DELRAY BEACH DOUBLE HOMICIDE: Two Dead In Overnight Shooting
- Fewer Florida Flight Issues Tuesday Morning, But Delays Continue
- DUI Arrests In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach From July 4th
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI