Count Now Double COVID Cases At Christmas, 2020.
66 Cases Now Logged At Boca Raton Community High School.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just three weeks into the school year, the Palm Beach County School District has more than doubled the total number of cases reached during the entire first half of the 2020-2021 school year.
As the school system hit winter break last year, 1,268 cases of COVID-19 had been logged. But just 14 days into this school year, the District has already hit 2,506 cases. This split Friday morning: 2,223 students and 283 employees.
At Boca Raton Community High School, 58 student cases and 8 employee cases have already been logged. At Calusa Elementary, 30 students and 3 employees are COVID-19 positive, at Don Estridge High Tech Middle, 20 students have confirmed COVID-19.
Roughly 4,000 students are believed to be under a “stay home” directive issued by the school district. Not quite an official “quarantine,” something that can only be ordered by the Department of Health, the “stay home directive” means students who have COVID, or may have been exposed to someone who does, must stay home until a series of negative tests are provided to approved by the school system. Unlike last year, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is prohibiting “distance learning,” which means students can only download work and complete it on their own. There is no live, video learning.
The list that follows is the official list as of 5:30 a.m. on Friday. We note that the school district confirms that the official list is often three days behind “reality,” the amount of time it often takes for the department of health to investigate and confirm cases reported to the school officials.
What are you seeing at school? Let us know. Use the form below to contact BocaNewsNow.com. If the form does not appear, access our contact center right here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center