More Than 2,000 Dead Over Week In Florida.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 body count continues to rise, with another 280 corpses added to the count on Friday. Florida has logged roughly 2000 deaths over the past seven days, according to data released by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
The deaths only count patients who died in a Florida medical facility.
HHS reports that 2,146 adults were newly admitted to a Florida hospital on Friday for COVID-19 care, while 101 children under age 18 were also newly admitted.
The total number of people hospitalized in Florida COVID-19 as of Friday: 15,920 adults and 244 children under age 18.
Florida’s ICU’s continue to be packed. 3,556 adults are in an ICU for COVID-19 treatment. Roughly 2,700 are in such critical condition that they are requiring the use of a ventilator.
Florida reports a total of 43,640 deaths from COVID-19, according to the CDC.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA