FIVE CHILDREN IN AREA ICU’S FOR COVID-19 CARE.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County remains in bad shape when it comes to hospitals and COVID-19 patients.
According to data released Sunday by Palm Beach County, there is a deficit of 188 beds due to the number of people needing in-patient hospital treatment. There are 2,532 beds available in Palm Beach County, but 2,720 are in use. That means hospitals have had to create space in locations not traditionally used for in-patient medical care.
At least 101 patients were admitted to hospitals in Palm Beach County over the past day, and only 86 were released. There are a total of 834 adults currently hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19. There are 19 children under age 18.
Of those hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach Count, 484 are not vaccinated while 86 are. The problem people continue to be those who haven’t been vaccinated, or refuse to be vaccinated.
Five children are in Palm Beach County ICU’s for COVID-19 care, 207 adults are also receiving ICU care in an ICU.
There are 522 ventilators stationed at hospitals in Palm Beach County. As of the current report, 153 are being used for COVID-19 patients are who so ill, they can not breathe on their own.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW