FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT DROPS, BUT MANY ARE LEAVING IN BODY BAGS.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just logged what appears to the the single worst day for COVID-19 deaths during the pandemic. The United States Department of Health and Human Services Sunday morning reported that 281 people died in Florida hospitals, from COVID-19, on Sunday.
The deaths are logged as “COVID” deaths — not deaths from other ailments where the deceased also had COVID.
Saturday’s death count brings the seven day total to roughly 3,000. Deaths are occasionally reclassified — we are only providing an approximate seven day count.
Also Saturday, 2,104 adults were newly admitted to Florida hospitals for COVID-19. The number of children, under age 18, admitted Saturday for COVID-19 is 97.
The total COVID-19 hospital count for adults needing COVID-19 care: 15,530. The total number of children under age 18 currently hospitalized for COVID-19: 248. The adult hospital population is down, as many are leaving in body bags. The pediatric hospital count remains steady.
Of 6,559 ICU beds in use, 3,477 are filled with COVID-19 patients. The Florida Hospital Association reports that roughly 2,640 patients are currently so ill, they are on ventilators.
According to HHS, 48 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing shortage, with 51 expecting a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza