FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT DROPS, BUT MANY ARE LEAVING IN BODY BAGS.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just logged what appears to the the single worst day for COVID-19 deaths during the pandemic. The United States Department of Health and Human Services Sunday morning reported that 281 people died in Florida hospitals, from COVID-19, on Sunday.
The deaths are logged as “COVID” deaths — not deaths from other ailments where the deceased also had COVID.
Saturday’s death count brings the seven day total to roughly 3,000. Deaths are occasionally reclassified — we are only providing an approximate seven day count.
Also Saturday, 2,104 adults were newly admitted to Florida hospitals for COVID-19. The number of children, under age 18, admitted Saturday for COVID-19 is 97.
The total COVID-19 hospital count for adults needing COVID-19 care: 15,530. The total number of children under age 18 currently hospitalized for COVID-19: 248. The adult hospital population is down, as many are leaving in body bags. The pediatric hospital count remains steady.
Of 6,559 ICU beds in use, 3,477 are filled with COVID-19 patients. The Florida Hospital Association reports that roughly 2,640 patients are currently so ill, they are on ventilators.
According to HHS, 48 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing shortage, with 51 expecting a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles