BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 255 people died in Florida hospitals on Sunday from COVID-19, bringing the seven day total to more than 2000 over the past seven days.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 1,903 adults were admitted to Florida hospitals for COVID-19 care on Sunday. The pediatric admission count was 95 — that includes all children under age 18 needing COVID-19 care.
There are now 15,544 adults in Florida hospitals for COVID-19 treatment. The total number of children under 18, currently receiving in-patient COVID-19 care, is 244.
In Florida ICU’s, 3,526 people are currently being treated for COVID-19. Roughly 2,640 are sick that they need ventilators to breathe.
Of the roughly 260 hospitals reporting data to HHS, 49 say that they are experiencing a critical staffing shortage. 52 hospitals reports that they expect a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Of 58,509 hospital beds in Florida, 48,894 are currently in use.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately