BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 255 people died in Florida hospitals on Sunday from COVID-19, bringing the seven day total to more than 2000 over the past seven days.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 1,903 adults were admitted to Florida hospitals for COVID-19 care on Sunday. The pediatric admission count was 95 — that includes all children under age 18 needing COVID-19 care.
There are now 15,544 adults in Florida hospitals for COVID-19 treatment. The total number of children under 18, currently receiving in-patient COVID-19 care, is 244.
In Florida ICU’s, 3,526 people are currently being treated for COVID-19. Roughly 2,640 are sick that they need ventilators to breathe.
Of the roughly 260 hospitals reporting data to HHS, 49 say that they are experiencing a critical staffing shortage. 52 hospitals reports that they expect a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Of 58,509 hospital beds in Florida, 48,894 are currently in use.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk