Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Inside Vehicle As Woman Tries To Ignite Car With Lottery Ticket.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Broward County woman is facing serious charges after police say she tried to set a marked BSO car on fire — while a deputy was inside.
This is the advisory from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office:
A Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy is safe and unharmed after a frightening encounter with a woman who tried to set the deputy’s BSO vehicle on fire while the deputy was stopped at a traffic light.
BSO detectives arrested Toni Carr for the incident that occurred at approximately 9:50 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 29, at the intersection of Northwest 27th Avenue and West Sunrise Boulevard in Central Broward. According to investigators, while the deputy was sitting in her marked unit at the stoplight, Carr walked up to the vehicle, started banging on her window and broke off the driver side mirror.
Carr then walked to the rear of the vehicle, opened the gas tank cover and removed the gas cap. Carr placed paper items into the gas tank and used a lighter to set a lottery ticket on fire. The deputy believed Carr was intending to set her vehicle on fire. The deputy got out of the vehicle and ordered Carr onto the ground. Carr complied and other deputies arrived to help place Carr into custody.
Carr was arrested on charges of Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer, Attempted Arson, Criminal Mischief and Felony Violation of Probation. BSO’s Violent Crimes Unit detectives are investigating the incident.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA