BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching Ida, new formed Kate, and another system that is on an ominous, yet very early, path to the west.
Here is the Monday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center.
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ida, located inland over western Mississippi, and on recently
upgraded Tropical Storm Kate, located over the central tropical
Satellite-derived wind data and satellite imagery indicate that an
area of low pressure has formed over the far eastern Tropical
Atlantic in association with a tropical wave that recently moved off
the west coast of Africa. Environmental conditions are conducive
for development, and a tropical depression is likely to form within
the next couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward at
10 to 15 mph over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…high…70 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
A broad area of low pressure is expected to form in the southern
Caribbean Sea by midweek. Environmental conditions appear to be
favorable for some slow development by the end of the week, as long
as the system remains over water. This system is expected to move
gradually west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph over
the western Caribbean Sea near the east coast of Central America.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach