BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching Ida, new formed Kate, and another system that is on an ominous, yet very early, path to the west.
Here is the Monday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center.
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ida, located inland over western Mississippi, and on recently
upgraded Tropical Storm Kate, located over the central tropical
Satellite-derived wind data and satellite imagery indicate that an
area of low pressure has formed over the far eastern Tropical
Atlantic in association with a tropical wave that recently moved off
the west coast of Africa. Environmental conditions are conducive
for development, and a tropical depression is likely to form within
the next couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward at
10 to 15 mph over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…high…70 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
A broad area of low pressure is expected to form in the southern
Caribbean Sea by midweek. Environmental conditions appear to be
favorable for some slow development by the end of the week, as long
as the system remains over water. This system is expected to move
gradually west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph over
the western Caribbean Sea near the east coast of Central America.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW