BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delaware man, tentatively identified as a volunteer firefighter, is in the Palm Beach County jail early Tuesday morning on a sexual assault charge.
While the affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed, jail records show that Michael Miklus of Clarks Corner Road in Saint Georgie’s, Delaware, was arrested by Boca Raton Police Monday evening.
According to the jail, Miklus is charged with “sexual assault by (someone) 18 years of age or older (where the) victim is older than age 12 but under age 18 without physical or forcible violence.”
Miklus was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 6:47 p.m.
The Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts reports that an injunction against Miklus for protection against sexual violence was put into effect in April. It is unclear if that case is related to the arrest.
This post will be updated later Tuesday once BocaNewsNow.com obtains the arrest report.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised