BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is now monitoring three systems — one of which is likely to form into a new tropical depression today or Wednesday.
Joining Ida and Kate will be Larry. Forecasters say it has a 90 percent chance of development within the next 48 hours. It is off the coast of Africa and heading west. It is far too early to know with any certainty where it will go or what it will do.
We remind our readers that the red oval shows where the system may form, not necessarily a direction of travel.
This is the early morning advisory from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Kate, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing Public Advisories on
Tropical Depression Ida, located over northeastern Mississippi.
A well-defined low pressure system is located over the far eastern
tropical Atlantic more than 200 miles southwest of the coast of
Guinea. Associated shower and thunderstorm activity is beginning
to show some signs of organization, and environmental conditions
are conducive for additional development of this system. A tropical
depression is likely to form during the next day or so while the
low moves westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…high..90 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
A broad area of low pressure is forecast to develop over the
southwestern Caribbean Sea in a couple of days. Environmental
conditions appear to be somewhat conducive for slow development by
the end of the week, as long as the system remains over water. This
system is expected to move gradually west-northwestward or
northwestward at 5 to 10 mph toward Central America.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center