Feds Say 282 Died From COVID, In Florida Hospitals, on Thursday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Health and Human Services says 282 people died in Florida hospitals from COVID-19 on Thursday. That brings the seven day hospital death total — only involving COVID-19 cases — to 1,943.
The weekly death average is now 278 deaths a day. That number has held steady for several weeks.
In Florida, 1,886 adults were newly admitted to hospitals on Thursday for COVID-19 treatment. The pediatric admission count on Thursday, for COVID care, was 107.
There are now 14,074 adults hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida. The number of children under the age of 18, hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida, is now 229.
At least 3,270 people are in Florida Intensive Care Units for COVID-19 treatment. That represents 48 percent of all ICU patients in the state.
Florida has logged at least 45,909 COVID-19 deaths.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk