Feds Say 282 Died From COVID, In Florida Hospitals, on Thursday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Health and Human Services says 282 people died in Florida hospitals from COVID-19 on Thursday. That brings the seven day hospital death total — only involving COVID-19 cases — to 1,943.
The weekly death average is now 278 deaths a day. That number has held steady for several weeks.
In Florida, 1,886 adults were newly admitted to hospitals on Thursday for COVID-19 treatment. The pediatric admission count on Thursday, for COVID care, was 107.
There are now 14,074 adults hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida. The number of children under the age of 18, hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida, is now 229.
At least 3,270 people are in Florida Intensive Care Units for COVID-19 treatment. That represents 48 percent of all ICU patients in the state.
Florida has logged at least 45,909 COVID-19 deaths.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH