BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s daily COVID death count remains exceptionally high, with 275 deaths recorded on Sunday. But there are signs that the tide is starting to turn as new hospitalizations continue a downward trend.
KINSA, the company behind the popular connected thermometer that serves as an accurate predictor of COVID spread internationally, just lowered Palm Beach County’s risk level from “Critical” to “High Risk.” Palm Beach County was listed as “Critical” for several weeks.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services, pulling numbers directly from roughly 260 Florida hospitals, reported the following data Monday morning:
Total adult patients hospitalized with confirmed and suspected COVID in Florida Hospitals: 13,566.
Total pediatric (under 18) patients hospitalized in Florida for confirmed or suspected COVID: 207.
Total Florida ICU adult patients confirmed or suspected COVID: 3,183 (out of 6,786 ICU patients).
Sunday Florida hospital admission for pediatric COVID confirmed and suspected: 85.
Sunday Florida hospital admission for adults COVID confirmed and suspected: 1,599.
In Palm Beach County, the latest official report reveals the following:
492 adults are currently in a Palm Beach County Hospital for COVID-19 care. Fifteen children under age 18 are also receiving in-patient COVID-19 care.
Of those hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19, 62 are fully vaccinated while 473 are not. It is unclear why that total is higher than the number of people “officially” hospitalized for COVID-19.
There continues to be a bed shortage. 2,410 hospital beds are in use in Palm Beach County, but only 2,151 beds are available. That means hospitals are using non-traditional space to care for patients.
Of 495 ventilators in Palm Beach County, 119 are in use now for COVID-19 patients. 91 are in use for other patients. In Palm Beach County, 285 ventilators remain available.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot