POLICE: Chicago Woman Angry After Being Denied Boarding
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Chicago woman is facing criminal charges after allegedly claiming that she had a bomb in her luggage after she was denied boarding at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport.
She made the claim Monday evening.
This is the official advisory from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.
“BSO deputies responded to a bomb threat in Terminal 3 at FLL located at 200 Terminal Drive in Fort Lauderdale. On scene, deputies made contact with three employees who advised Marina Verbitsky stated there was a bomb in her checked-in luggage that was aboard a plane.
Preliminary investigation revealed Verbitsky made the statement after being advised that she and her party could not board the plane due to their late arrival at the gate. Verbitsky was immediately taken into custody.
BSO’s Bomb Squad and Threat Management Unit detectives were notified and responded to investigate.
Agents with the FBI were also contacted.
During the investigation, the plane — which had already begun taxiing the runway — was rerouted, and the passengers were evacuated. A thorough inspection was conducted and the threat was determined to be unfounded.
Verbitsky is currently being held at BSO Main Jail and faces one count of false reporting concerning planting a bomb, explosive or weapon of mass destruction.
The investigation continues.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida
- RACIST? These Images Got West Boca Teacher Suspended
- LIEN OVER! PBC Vice Mayor Weinroth Announces Lien Amnesty Program