BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach woman died several days after a crash near Military Trail and Pipers Glen Road in South Boynton Beach.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Jean Saltzman, 94, was a passenger in a car that was struck by Elaine Martins of Coconut Creek who allegedly ran a red light. Police say Martins was traveling southbound on South Military Trail, in the middle lane, while the car carrying Saltzman was traveling eastbound on Pipers Glen Blvd.
Martins “ran the red light and impacted (the vehicle carrying Saltzman),” wrote police in a media advisory.
Martins was not injured. Delores Francis, driving Saltzman, sustained minor injuries.
Jean Saltzman was transported to a hospital following the August 27th crash. She remained hospitalized until her death on September 3rd. Police were just notified of the death on Monday, September 6th.
No charges have been filed. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…