BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach woman died several days after a crash near Military Trail and Pipers Glen Road in South Boynton Beach.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Jean Saltzman, 94, was a passenger in a car that was struck by Elaine Martins of Coconut Creek who allegedly ran a red light. Police say Martins was traveling southbound on South Military Trail, in the middle lane, while the car carrying Saltzman was traveling eastbound on Pipers Glen Blvd.
Martins “ran the red light and impacted (the vehicle carrying Saltzman),” wrote police in a media advisory.
Martins was not injured. Delores Francis, driving Saltzman, sustained minor injuries.
Jean Saltzman was transported to a hospital following the August 27th crash. She remained hospitalized until her death on September 3rd. Police were just notified of the death on Monday, September 6th.
No charges have been filed. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA