BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County is offering housing assistance to residents who meet certain criteria.
If you are in need of financial assistance to purchase — or renovate — a home, read the following advisory from the Palm Beach County Department of Housing and Economic Development:
“Palm Beach County’s Department of Housing and Economic Development (HED) announces the availability of State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) housing assistance funds for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
Applications must be submitted online, and will be processed on a first submitted, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability, for targeted groups, on the following dates by visiting the website at https://pbcgov.com/HED.
Purchase Assistance Program – September 20, 2021 at 8:00am – October 4, 2021 at 11:59pm (or until 100 applications have been submitted).Funding will assist income eligible first-time homebuyers with gap financing, lot acquisition, down payment, closing costs and/or rehabilitation, to purchase a new or existing home.
Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program – September 20, 2021 at 8:00am – October 4, 2021 at 11:59pm, for residents age 62 and older, and/or veterans ONLY (or until 50 applications have been submitted). – Funding will assist income eligible owner occupied applicants with substantial rehabilitation, roof repairs/replacement and utility (sewer and water) connection.
Foreclosure Prevention Program – September 20, 2021 at 8:00am – until 35 applications have been submitted. Funding will assist income eligible homeowners who are facing foreclosure due to an unexpected loss of household income.
NOTE: ALL are required to attend a mandatory orientation prior to application submittal for the Purchase Assistance and Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Programs. Interested parties may register now at https://survey.pbcgov.com/s3/HED-Registration“
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center