Nearly 100 COVID Cases At Boca Raton High.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District’s COVID-19 situation continues to worsen. As school resumes following the Labor Day and Rosh Hashanah holiday, the District is reporting 4,093 COVID-19 infections.
The school district logged 3,855 during all of the 2020-2021 school year, a year in which most students stayed home and engaged in “distance” learning. With Florida Governor Ron DeSantis prohibiting school districts from offering remote learning this year, all students are back in the classroom. And COVID is spreading.
Among the schools with notable COVID-19 counts early Wednesday morning:
Boca Raton High School: 95 cases.
Boca Raton Middle School: 40 cases.
Loggers Run Middle: 35 cases.
Olympic Heights High School: 53 cases.
Omni Middle School: 21 cases.
Seminole Ridge High School: 116 cases.
Spanish River High: 35 cases.
Sunrise Park Elementary: 31 cases.
Verde K-8: 45 cases.
Wellington High: 96 cases.
West Boca Raton Community High: 35 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 14 cases.
The complete list appears, below. Note that the school district acknowledges that its public numbers are often three days behind reality. It takes at least a few days for the Florida Department of Health to confirm COVID cases that are reported to the school system. That confirmation occurs before the numbers are released.
BocaNewsNow.com is always interested in what is happening at your school. Please use the form below to send tips to our newsroom. If the form does not appear, access our contact center here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida