BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Delray Beach resident Richard Simpson, 84, died in two car crash Wednesday night at the intersection of Lyons Road and Atlantic Avenue in West Delray Beach.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, Stephanie Bloom, 86, was driving southbound in a 2021 Nissan Rouge on Lyons when attempted to turn left onto Atlantic Avenue. Richard Simpson was in her car.
At the same time, a 2018 Toyota Camry driven by Ahmad Kahzem of Boca Raton was traveling northbound on Lyons. As Kahzem entered the intersection of Atlantic and Lyons, Bloom allegedly drove her Rogue into Kahzem’s path of travel. Kahzem hit the side of the Rogue.
Stephanie Bloom sustained minor injuries. Khazem sustained no injuries. But Richard Simpson sustained critical injuries. He was transported to Delray Medical Center where he died two hours later.
No charges have been filed. The police report does not specify who allegedly had the right of way to enter the intersection at Lyons and Atlantic.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center