BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Florida Appeals Court just issued a stay on school mask mandates, seemingly preventing school districts from enforcing the mandates statewide.
Governor Ron DeSantis Tweeted this just before 3 p.m.
CNN is reporting that it obtained the document not yet widely released, revealing the first district court of appeals ruling mid-day Friday.
The ruling follows an opposite ruling Thursday stating that school mask mandates are absolutely acceptable.
BocaNewsNow.com will publish the ruling once it is officially released by the 1DCA clerk.
Whether the stay truly has any impact on school district decisions remains to be seen. School districts statewide, including Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County, all instituted mask mandates despite protests and threats from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
There was no immediate suggestion from any of the school district that they are prepared to waive the mandates in place.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…