BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Florida Appeals Court just issued a stay on school mask mandates, seemingly preventing school districts from enforcing the mandates statewide.
Governor Ron DeSantis Tweeted this just before 3 p.m.
CNN is reporting that it obtained the document not yet widely released, revealing the first district court of appeals ruling mid-day Friday.
The ruling follows an opposite ruling Thursday stating that school mask mandates are absolutely acceptable.
BocaNewsNow.com will publish the ruling once it is officially released by the 1DCA clerk.
Whether the stay truly has any impact on school district decisions remains to be seen. School districts statewide, including Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County, all instituted mask mandates despite protests and threats from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
There was no immediate suggestion from any of the school district that they are prepared to waive the mandates in place.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA