BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — New COVID-19 hospitalizations continue a downward trend, but the daily death count continues to be alarming in Florida.
The Untied States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 234 people died in a Florida hospital or medical facility on Thursday from COVID-19. That brings the seven day COVID-19 hospital death total to 1,815. The daily death average in Florida, over the past seven days, is 259.
While deaths are a problem, there is some better news when it comes to hospitalizations.
There are now 12,651 hospital beds in use for COVID-19 in Florida. That number continues to decline. The number of new adult COVID hospitalizations on Thursday was 1,606. The number of new pediatric admissions for COVID was 66. HHS says 194 children, under age 18, are currently in a Florida hospital for COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, 677 adults are currently hospitalized for COVID-19, with 9 children under age 18. Of those hospitalized, 99 are full vaccinated while 371 are not. The vaccination status of the remaining is unclear.
Of 548 ventilators available in Palm Beach County, 134 are being used by COVID-19 patients, while 108 are in use by patents with other issues.
For the first time in months, Palm Beach County has officially available hospital beds. 2,737 are in use out of 2,782. Hospitals had been over capacity — using makeshift beds and spaces — until earlier this week.
The ICU situation is not as good. 338 adult ICU beds are in use out of 325, meaning 13 extra beds are in use. The pediatric ICU report shows 35 out of 43 beds are in use.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County