Former Florida Financial Prosecutor Daniel Stermer To Oversee Operations After Suicide Of Co-Founder.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Seeman Holtz, the Boca Raton financial services company accused of defrauding senior citizens out of their life savings, is now being largely controlled by a “corporate monitor” assigned by the court.
Daniel Stermer of financial restructuring firm DSI will control the company’s assets and operations while the investigation continues. Stermer served in the Economic Crimes Litigation Unit of the Florida Attorney General’s Department of Legal Affairs before joining DSI in 2009.
Seeman Holtz has been the focus of serious fraud accusations for more than a year. Co-founder Eric Holtz committed suicide earlier this year as accusations and lawsuits mounted.
From the consent order:
“Plaintiff has requested a corporate monitor to, among other things, confirm what assets the Consenting Corporate Defendants previously had and currently have; confirm what the Consenting Corporate Defendants’ investors are currently owed; take and maintain care, possession and control over whatever rights, title, or interest the Consenting Corporate Defendants have in said assets to ensure the Consenting Corporate Defendants’ investors are repaid; marshal, safeguard, and liquidate assets; ensure that preferential payments to investors do not occur at the expense of other investors; ensure that the Consenting Corporate Defendants’ investors are repaid in a fair and equitable manner; and evaluate and file ancillary actions to recover monies or assets for the benefit of the Corporate Defendants’ investors.”
Read the complete filing, below. If the PDF does not appear, access the document here.2021_9_14-8-Consent-Order-As-Entered-50-2021-CA-008718-XXXX-MB-6140c88ced6c5
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot