THE SLIPPERY WHEN WET SUIT.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman apparently unhappy with the tile choices made by Broken Sound Country Club is suing Broken Sound after allegedly slipping on its pool deck.
Jana Roderman claims the club used “unsafe, glossy tiles” near the pool bistro area which were slippery when wet.
From the lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court:
Defendant (Broken Sound Club, Inc.) had a duty to maintain its premises in a
reasonably safe condition by the use of ordinary care and to warn of perils known or that should have been known: The condition of having unsafe, glossy tiles in the pool bistro area where it is expected to be wet; The condition of an unsafe transition from the travertine pavers on the steps leading to the glossy tile on the bistro level; Failing to implement appropriate policies and procedures with reference to recognizing and addressing dangerous and/ or hazardous conditions; Failing to warn of the known hazard.”
As a result of the slippery when wet conditions, Roderman claims that she: ”suffered serious bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, significant and permanent scarring, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expenses of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of
earnings, and loss of ability to earn money.”
Roderman seeks in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. There was no immediate response filed by Broken Sound.
Roderman is represented by Peter Porcaro of Porcaro Injury Law in Delray Beach. Read the complete filing, below:Broken-Sound
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash
- OUR VIEW: Boca Raton Police Department Has A Facebook Problem