“High Risk” Is An Improvement From “Critical” — Palm Beach County’s Designation For Months.
But Deaths Still High In Florida. Death Count Now At Least 53,124.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Palm Beach County continues to improve, but deaths statewide continue to be a problem.
KINSA, responsible for the “connected thermometer” that has accurately predicted COVID-19 spread nationwide since the start of the pandemic, now says Palm Beach County is down to 53 on a scale from 1-100. While still “high risk,” it’s a dramatic decline from a risk level of 99 which was recorded in August. KINSA uses anonymous data transmitted from thousands of digital thermometers to track and predict the spread of illness. The KINSA “HealthWeather” information is used by public health officials nationwide.
Statewide, 145 people died in a Florida medical facility on Saturday from COVID-19. At least 1,158 people have died from COVID-19 over the past week in a Florida medical facility, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services. More than 53,124 people in Florida have died from COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, hospitals are again over capacity, with 1,253 official beds available but 1,272 in use. A deficit means non-traditional space is being used. Few of the patients, however, are COVID-19 patients. Palm Beach County reports 149 adults and 4 children under age 18 are now hospitalized for COVID-19. Of those in the hospital, 102 are not fully vaccinated while 13 are fully vaccinated. There is no information for the remaining patients.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash