Palm Beach County Woman Claims DeSantis Didn’t Do Enough To Ban Masks.
CDC: More Than 55,000 People Now Dead In Florida From COVID-19.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Palm Beach County woman is suing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, claiming that he didn’t do enough — and isn’t doing enough — to prevent mask requirements for COVID-19.
Carrie Lawson of 7677 Hoffy Circle in Lake Worth doesn’t acknowledge extreme measures taken by DeSantis to prevent mask enforcement, including banning local governments from enforcing masking rules. The filing also makes no mention of his reversal of nearly all fines and penalties for those who were penalized for non-compliance.
From the suit:
“Citizens were required to wear alleged medical devices, provide DNA samples, testing their temperature, requiring vaccinations, contact tracing and other activities.”
Also wrote Lawson:
“Both directly and indirectly, citizens of Florida were forced by both federal and state, both private and public entities, to submit to unconstitutional laws and or mandates to enjoy liberties such as entering or enjoying access to public or private institutions such as venues, access to public transport, courthouses, schools,
hospitals, and food emporiums to name a few. Penalties for not abiding by these unconstitutional mandates were arrest, fines and or inability to purchase food, travel, or access medical care.”
Lawson seeks a “speedy hearing” and “other relief to which she may be entitled.” She also seeks attorneys fees, despite the fact that Lawson apparently self-wrote and self-filed the lawsuit.
The CDC reports that more than 55,000 people have died in Florida from COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash