Is Situation Worsening Again? County Further Into “High Risk” Zone.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — After several weeks of drops, Kinsa just raised the COVID-19 risk level in Palm Beach County. That is an ominous sign for the season ahead.
Palm Beach County was on the cusp of leaving the “high risk” category. Now, it’s solidly high risk again.
Kins’s “HealthWeather” data is used by public and private health officials worldwide. It accurately predicted the initial spread of COVID-19. Its data has remained accurate throughout the pandemic. Using a network of hundreds of thousands of “connected” thermometers, Kinsa’s systems analyze the anonymous data transmitted by the thermometers to predict illness spread based on abnormalities.
As of its latest report, Kinsa says Palm Beach County is at 58. It defines “high risk” with this language:
“There is a high risk of illness in Palm Beach County. COVID-19 cases are high and spreading, while Influenza (flu) cases are low and stable.”
While cases may be on the cusp of increasing again, Palm Beach County hospitalization statistics are improving — at least for now. There are currently 217 adults and 7 children, under age 18, currently hospitalized for COVID-19. Of those hospitalized, 133 are NOT vaccinated while 32 are fully vaccinated. There is no data for the remaining patients.
There are 43 patients using ventilators for COVID-19. There are 237 available hospital beds in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash