Is Situation Worsening Again? County Further Into “High Risk” Zone.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — After several weeks of drops, Kinsa just raised the COVID-19 risk level in Palm Beach County. That is an ominous sign for the season ahead.
Palm Beach County was on the cusp of leaving the “high risk” category. Now, it’s solidly high risk again.
Kins’s “HealthWeather” data is used by public and private health officials worldwide. It accurately predicted the initial spread of COVID-19. Its data has remained accurate throughout the pandemic. Using a network of hundreds of thousands of “connected” thermometers, Kinsa’s systems analyze the anonymous data transmitted by the thermometers to predict illness spread based on abnormalities.
As of its latest report, Kinsa says Palm Beach County is at 58. It defines “high risk” with this language:
“There is a high risk of illness in Palm Beach County. COVID-19 cases are high and spreading, while Influenza (flu) cases are low and stable.”
While cases may be on the cusp of increasing again, Palm Beach County hospitalization statistics are improving — at least for now. There are currently 217 adults and 7 children, under age 18, currently hospitalized for COVID-19. Of those hospitalized, 133 are NOT vaccinated while 32 are fully vaccinated. There is no data for the remaining patients.
There are 43 patients using ventilators for COVID-19. There are 237 available hospital beds in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector
- JESUS JAILED BY BOCA RATON POLICE DAYS BEFORE HOLY HOLIDAY
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash