Palm Beach County Hospital Situation Improving, But Still Strained.
Now 55,619 Dead In Florida From COVID-19.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — There is very good news early Tuesday concerning COVID-19 spread in Palm Beach County. Kinsa just lowered the threat level to “moderate risk.”
We reported over the weekend that Kinsa had raised the COVID-19 threat level in Palm Beach County to “58” — a level more solidly in the red zone of “high risk.” That rise was recorded despite decreasing hospitalizations and positivity rates.
That threat level rise was short lived. Kinsa now says Palm Beach County is back in the yellow, a very good place to be after months in the extreme heights of “high risk.” Kinsa kept Palm Beach County at “99” for several weeks.
Using anonymized data from hundreds of thousands of “connected” thermometers, Kinsa’s “HealthWeather” system tracks and predicts the spread of illness. The company predicted the initial spread of COVID with tremendous accuracy. Kinsa also accurately predicted the spread of subsequent waves.
As of early Tuesday, 236 adults and 5 children under age 18 are hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19 treatment. Of those hospitalized, 136 are NOT fully vaccinated, while 39 ARE fully vaccinated. There is no vaccine data for the remaining patients.
Of 2,720 hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 2,611 are currently in use with 109 available. Of 300 ICU beds, 263 are in use with 37 available. Pediatric ICUs remain busy — of 35 pediatric ICU beds, 28 are in use with 7 available.
The ventilator situation in Palm Beach County continues to improve. Of 544 ventilators, 59 are now in use for COVID-19 patients. 107 are in use for patients with other issues. 378 are available.
The Centers for Disease Control reports that 55,619 people have died in Florida from COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash