Two Killed, Police Say, When Man Plowed Into Car On Boynton Beach Blvd.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boynton Beach Police late Wednesday night announced the arrest of a man who they say killed two people last month in a horrific DUI crash on Boynton Beach Blvd.
The following is the narrative of the advisory issued by Boynton Beach Police. We are running the complete arrest report, provided Wednesday night by police, below.
A Boynton Beach man is in custody tonight, charged with DUI manslaughter for a traffic crash that killed two people last month. Saul Garcia Guzman, 29, is also charged with driving without a license causing death.
Investigation determined that Garcia Guzman was driving under the influence at a high rate of speed when his Volkswagen Jetta struck the rear of a Hyundai Elantra that was stopped at a red light at the intersection of Boynton Beach Boulevard and Winchester Park Boulevard on Sept. 19. The impact caused the Hyundai to ignite, strike a sidewalk and then a cement utility police, where it became engulfed in flames.
The male driver and female passenger inside the Hyundai died, and Garcia Guzman was taken to a local hospital to be treated for his injuries. He was released from the hospital this afternoon and taken to the Palm Beach County Jail.
“This devastating tragedy is a stark reminder of the very dangerous consequences of drinking and driving,” Boynton Beach Police Chief Michael G. Gregory said. “We hope tonight’s arrest brings some comfort to the victims’ family and loved ones.”GarciaGuzmanPC
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash