Florida COVID-19 Death Count Now 56,410. Concern Continues Over Holiday Resurgence.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Palm Beach County is quickly and dramatically improving.
Kinsa HealthWeather is reporting Saturday that Palm Beach County is now in in the “moderate risk” zone. Kinsa listed Palm Beach County as “critical” — with a 99 score — just weeks ago. The sudden decline suggests Kinsa’s algorithms are predicting the worst, for now, is behind us.
Kinsa utilizes a network of hundreds of thousands of “connected” fever thermometers that transmit anonymized information to its cloud. Kinsa is credited for accurately predicting the initial spread of COVID-19 worldwide, and continues to accurately predict rises and declines in spread. The system analyzes current illness spread against traditional patterns to determine what is normal and what is not.
As of Saturday morning, 209 adults in Palm Beach County and 5 children under age 18 are hospitalized for COVID-19 treatment. Of those hospitalized, 144 are not fully vaccinated while 33 are. There is no vaccination data for the remaining patients.
The hospital bed situation is improving, although it is still a challenging time for healthcare workers. There are 73 general hospital beds available in Palm Beach County as of Saturday and 29 ICU beds. The county’s pediatric ICUs have six available beds — 54 are currently in use.
The ventilator situation is also improving, although slowly. As of the latest report, 56 ventilators are in use for COVID-19 patients in Palm Beach County, while 87 are in use for non-COVID-19 patients. There are 391 ventilators available.
At least 56,410 people have died, in Florida, from COVID-19 as of Saturday morning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash
- OUR VIEW: Boca Raton Police Department Has A Facebook Problem