BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATED: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 9:47 a.m. with charge clarification from suspect’s criminal defense attorney.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman was allegedly driving under the influence with such a high blood alcohol content that police added an “enhancement” to the charge.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Maria Otero-Atria was stopped in the area of 6072 West Palmetto Park Road early Friday morning by deputies. While the affidavit of probable cause is still being processed, a ticket reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com reveals that she was driving either with a blood alcohol content of .15 or higher, OR “with a passenger under 18” in the vehicle.
Otero-Atria’s attorney, Kevin Peterford, told BocaNewsNow.com Monday morning that there was NO child in the vehicle. That means police are accusing her of driving with a BAC of .15 or higher. The legal limit in Florida is .08.
We are publishing the ticket, below.
Otero-Atria allegedly refused to sign or accept the citation.
Maria Otero-Atria was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County