BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATED: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 9:47 a.m. with charge clarification from suspect’s criminal defense attorney.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman was allegedly driving under the influence with such a high blood alcohol content that police added an “enhancement” to the charge.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Maria Otero-Atria was stopped in the area of 6072 West Palmetto Park Road early Friday morning by deputies. While the affidavit of probable cause is still being processed, a ticket reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com reveals that she was driving either with a blood alcohol content of .15 or higher, OR “with a passenger under 18” in the vehicle.
Otero-Atria’s attorney, Kevin Peterford, told BocaNewsNow.com Monday morning that there was NO child in the vehicle. That means police are accusing her of driving with a BAC of .15 or higher. The legal limit in Florida is .08.
We are publishing the ticket, below.
Otero-Atria allegedly refused to sign or accept the citation.
Maria Otero-Atria was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately