Fort Lauderdale, PBI Southwest Flights Already Cancelled For Monday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The travel nightmare for passengers planning to fly Southwest Airlines in to or out of South Florida airports continues.
As of early Monday morning, more than half of all Southwest flights into and out of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport have been cancelled. Many Southwest Airlines lights in and out of West Palm Beach (PBI) are also not happening.
The cancellations follow more than 1000 flights cancelled by the airline, systemwide, over the weekend.
Southwest Airlines reported Air Traffic Control delays mixed with weather issues as the cause, but Air Traffic Control says there were no issues, and no other airline suffered weather problems of significance.
There is speculation that pilots and other employees for Southwest took part in an unofficial job action to protest the airlines COVID-19 vaccination mandate.
Among flights already cancelled as of early Monday: departing FLL to Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tampa. Arriving flights from Baltimore, Long Island/Islip, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Austin and New Orleans are also cancelled.
If you are flying Southwest today, check your flight online before heading to the airport.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low