BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The situation is looking better today for Southwest Airlines passengers hoping to fly into — or out of — South Florida airports.
After thousands of cancellations over the past several days, Southwest Airlines is only reporting one cancellation into South Florida early Tuesday — that’s a flight from Atlanta into Fort Lauderdale. An early morning flight to Chicago was also cancelled.
All other flights, at least as of 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, are scheduled. By this time Monday, most flights had already been cancelled.
Southwest Airlines experience massive disruptions systemwide over the weekend and into Monday. The airline blamed air traffic control and weather issues, although no other airline experienced delays or issues to the scale of Southwest.
Industry observers suggest that pilots may have been protesting the airline’s vaccine mandate. The pilots’ association, however, denies that any job action took place.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash