Major Crash Closes One Southbound Lane. Situation Worsening Wednesday Morning.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: 10:45 a.m: Situation under control, traffic has returned to normal conditions
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A major traffic situation is developing at 8:42 a.m. Wednesday on Florida’s Turnpike at Glades Road.
According to the Florida Department of Transportation, a crash just before Glades road is blocking the left lane. That is leading to a huge delay and backup. FDOT says traffic is delayed for at least seven miles.
“Motorists are asked to proceed with caution and to expect delays,” said FDOT in a message transmitted a short time ago.
Glades Road is exit 78 on the Florida Turnpike. It was not immediately clear if anyone was injured.
The image above is from the Florida Department of Transportation’s traffic camera in the area of Boynton Beach Blvd. The southbound lane is on the right side.
Check Fl511.com for the very latest traffic information from FDOT. This information is accurate as of 8:42 a.m. on Wednesday, October 13th, 2021.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- VACCINES: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Sues President Joe Biden
- Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton, According To Police
- BOCA PEOPLE PROBLEMS: There’s No Porsche To Test Drive
- Teen Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Near Home Depot
- Kosher Restaurant In Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- POLICE: Two Children Drown In Palm Beach County
- MASKS REMAIN: Palm Beach County School District Not Ready To Ease Masking
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids