BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: Brianna’s mother reached out to BocaNewsNow.com to correct the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Advisory. She says police misreported her daughter’s age: Brianna was 20, not 21. Additionally, Brianna’s mother says the young woman died Thursday morning, not Monday morning, as reported by police.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, in a media advisory, says that 21 year old Brianna Tanner died early Thursday morning as a result of a crash on September 11th.
Tanner lived in the 11100 block of Ladino Street.
According to PBSO, a 2021 Honda driven by Loverna Dwyer of Coconut Creek was traveling northbound on State Road 7, just north of Sandalfoot Blvd when Tanner “walked into the path of (the Honda).”
The crash occurred around 10:41 p.m.
Tanner “mounted the hood and struck the windshield of the Honda. Dwyer slowed to a controlled stop (and) Tanner was ejected to the roadway and came to final rest in the outside northbound lane of State Road 7,” according to the police report.
Tanner was transported to Delray Medical Center in critical condition. She remained hospitalized for a month and died at 1:00 a.m. Monday. Dwyer was not injured in the crash.
Charges have not been filed. There is no indication, at this time, that Dwyer did anything wrong.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SAWGRASS EXPRESSWAY SHUT: Major Crash At Lyons Road
- VACCINES: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Sues President Joe Biden
- Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton, According To Police
- BOCA PEOPLE PROBLEMS: There’s No Porsche To Test Drive
- Teen Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Near Home Depot
- Kosher Restaurant In Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- POLICE: Two Children Drown In Palm Beach County
- MASKS REMAIN: Palm Beach County School District Not Ready To Ease Masking
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination