BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 situation in Palm Beach County is holding, according to Kinsa. The creator of “HealthWeather” says Palm Beach County remains at a 33 — on a scale from 1 to 99 for risk of COVID spread in the area.
Palm Beach County held at 99 for several weeks in August and September. The 33 represents a “moderate risk” of COVID-19 spread.
Kinsa bases its highly accurate COVID spread predictions based on hundreds of thousands of connected thermometers that send anonymized data to the cloud. Kinsa uses that data to compare normal levels of illness against real-time conditions. The formula led to exceptionally accurate predictions of the initial wave — and subsequent waves — of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, 141 adults and 4 children under age 18 are currently hospitalized for COVID-19 treatment. Of those hospitalized, 96 are fully vaccinated while 25 are not. There is no vaccine data for the remaining patients.
The hospital bed situation is also improving in Palm Beach County. 2,233 are in use out of 2,408 total — leaving 175 available. In area ICUs, 241 beds are in use out of 265, with 24 available.
Of 484 ventilators in Palm beach County, 49 are in use for COVID-19 patients, 98 are in use for “other” patients, and 337 are available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- VACCINES: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Sues President Joe Biden
- Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton, According To Police
- BOCA PEOPLE PROBLEMS: There’s No Porsche To Test Drive
- Teen Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Near Home Depot
- Kosher Restaurant In Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- POLICE: Two Children Drown In Palm Beach County
- MASKS REMAIN: Palm Beach County School District Not Ready To Ease Masking
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids