POLICE: Contractor Took The Money And Ran, Never Starting Jobs After Deposits Received.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says a contractor hired to redo a bathroom took the money and ran. Now, detectives want to hear from anyone who had business dealings with Adrian Gonzales.
From PBSO in an advisory transmitted to media today:
“On May 3, 2021, detectives learned the victim hired Del Mar Flooring, LLC., owned by Adrian Gonzalez, to do a bathroom remodel. At that time, an agreement was signed and a 50% deposit was given to Gonzalez to start the project. Five months went by and Gonzalez never completed the project.
On September 2, 2021, the victim sent a certified letter to Gonzalez demanding she be reimbursed for the project he never completed and after 30 days he never replied.
After further investigation detectives found probable cause to arrest Gonzalez. On October 13, 2021, he was located and arrested without incident.
Detectives believe there could be additional victims. Anyone who had contact with Del Mar Flooring, LLC, owned by Adrian Gonzalez, and believe they may be victim of Contractor Fraud/Theft is urged to contact Detective Greg Gerbasi at 561-688-5236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Agatha, Near Mexico, May Be One To Watch
- TRAVEL: Flight Delays, Cancellations Mount In South Florida
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal