If COVID Numbers Are Dropping, Why Are Hospital Admissions Rising?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While most metrics continue to look good for Palm Beach County’s fight against COVID-19, one metric does not. The number of available hospital beds in Palm Beach County is again plummeting — it’s now down to just 8 as of the latest official report.
Of 2,047 total hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 2,039 are unavailable. That’s a statistical “zero” percent — according to county officials.
ICU’s are also nearly full. Of 249 ICU beds in Palm Beach County, just 22 are available, or nine percent. There are 11 available pediatric intensive care unit beds available, with 20 in use.
It’s unclear what is leading to such a surge in hospitalizations. Assuming the county’s COVID-19 report is accurate, only 125 adults and two children — under age 18 — are currently hospitalized for COVID-19. Of those in the hospital, 24 are fully vaccinated while 79 are not. There is no vaccination information available for the remaining patients.
Ventilators remain largely available now in PBC. Of 385 total ventilators, 40 are in use by COVID-19 patients while 83 are in use by other patients.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed