BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — James Loper of 14395 Campanelli Drive in Delray Beach is not a police officer.
But Loper, allegedly, wanted someone to think that he was.
Loper was arrested on Thursday and booked into the Palm Beach County jail on a charge of “false personation of officials,” according to court and jail records reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com. While the affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed by the Clerk of Courts, specific orders already executed by a judge suggest the seriousness of Loper’s alleged actions:
Judge Caroline Shepherd ordered Loper to have “no weapons,” and “no possession of any law enforcement paraphernalia.”
Judge Shepherd found probable cause on Friday. The State of Florida is set to file charges on November 18th.
We will update once the arrest report is processed. Loper was released from the Palm Beach County Jail on $1,000 bond. He was arrested by real deputies from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill