Woman Was Fired From Poinciana Elementary School In South Palm Beach County After Sustaining Injury In Crash.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Former “school food services manager” Linda Barone is set to receive $125,000 from the Palm Beach County School District.
The money is part of a settlement agreement expected to be approved by the school board this week.
According to an approval document obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, along with the actual agreement, “Ms. Barone was employed as School Food Services manager who was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. Ms. Barone was denied FMLA and notified that she was being terminated. Ms. Barone alleges that when she was being escorted from Poinciana Elementary School her injuries were exacerbated, and that she was wrongfully denied FMLA and terminated due to her race, age, disability and retaliation.”
FMLA is the “Family and Medical Leave Act.”
We are publishing the agreement, in its entirety, below. School District Attorney Jean Marie Middleton approved the settlement and is directing the school board to accept the terms during Wednesday’s meeting.
As part of the agreement, the School District of Palm Beach County “does not admit any liability toward Linda Barone for any alleged acts or omissions.”LD1-Barone-Settlement-Agreeement
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Gift Will Lead To Therapy Center For Jewish Family Services
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Troubled Restaurant To Reopen Tonight For Fourth Time
- SIRENS: Apartment Fire In Delray Beach, Drunk In Publix, Bleeding In Costco
- REMINDER: Delray Beach Lights 100FT Christmas Tree Tonight
- CLAIM: Remote Proctor Forces Local Woman To Urinate On Camera During Final Exam
- Crash, “Droopy Eyelids,” Then DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,
- City of Boca Raton Street Parade Set For December 8th
- Boca Raton PD Investigates Fatal Crash On Yamato Road