Struck By Maseratti.
Drugs, Alcohol Involved, According To Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man was killed outside the Seven Bridges community in West Delray Beach late Thursday night.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Jason Rodgers of the 12600 block of Coral Drive in Wellington was walking — or standing — on U.S. 441 at Cabernet Drive when he was struck by a Boynton Beach woman driving a Maseratti, Southbound on 441.
It is unclear, according to police, whether Rodgers was on the shoulder, actually in the roadway, or “darted” into traffic.
The front of a Victoria Lorick’s 2016 Maserati, according to police, struck Rodgers. Rodgers then struck the hood and windshield of the Maserati, ultimately landing on the ground. He was pronounced dead on the scene by Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
PBSO says that Rodgers , 43, was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of his death. No charges have been filed against Lorick who was wearing a seatbelt and is not accused of doing anything wrong.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella